Friday, January 25, 2013

Goodbyes are hard to do

Thursday January 24 marked the end of a chapter for me. For 6 years, 2 months and 3 days, I worked with County Commissioner Al Higginbotham, District 4. While working with him, I got married, bought a house, had a baby and grew up. Thinking back on my beginnings with Al, I realize how much I've grown mentally, professionally, emotionally, etc. 

My amazing coworker, Eli, coordinated the aides of all the commissioners to take a group photo with me. Also included are awesome staff who support the BOCC and have been there my entire time at the County. 


The day was really hard. I cried several times and I felt like I was leaving my family. Al has been such a mentor and guide that sometimes I feel like he is a second father. As I move onto different challenges, I will always look back at the County and Al with great fondness.